Customer Service people have to know how to...
- Analyze situations without getting swept up by emotions - theirs or the prospect's
- Act appropriately and calm in stressful situations
- Initiate the actions required to effectively and efficiently deal with difficulties
- Address customers needs and solve problems with best-fit solutions
- Respond to customers requests using clear and concise language in a calm tone
Dealing with customers who are confused, frustrated or upset in emotionally charged situations doesn't come naturally to most people. It takes training, practice and reinforcement to empower your people to act calmly and effectively during those uncomfortable situations.